Star IconProgram of
- Yachad / NJCD
Yachad Cleveland offers programs for teens and young adults with disabilities on a monthly basis.
Mrs. Sara Cooperman, Coordinator
Yachad Cleveland offers programs for kids, teens and adults with disabilities and their peers on a weekly basis. Program is geared to individuals of any Jewish affiliation, with any kind of ability or special need. Our slogan is: “Because Everyone Belongs” and our goal is to facilitate Community Inclusion for all participants.
- Weekly learning and social recreational sessions
- Community and cultural outings (museums, theater, sporting events)
- Monthly intergenerational program at Stone Gardens Assisted Living
- Weekend retreats with NCSY / Local conventions in Cleveland and other regional cities
- Holiday parties, Jewish Education, and Activism
- All programs attended by Jewish high school, college and community peers (from any background), befriend and mainstream with Yachad members.
- Peer participants can use their time spent at YACHAD programs to fulfill obligatory “community service” requirements.
- Disability Advocacy/Leadership Training/Community Service Projects/Community Collaboration/Sibling and Parent Support Groups/Physical Fitness series/Creative Arts series/NAIM (North American Inclusion Month) Programs and scholars /Sensitivity Trainings
Yachad / NJCD is an agency of the Orthodox Union.