Star IconProgram of
- Jewish Family Service Association (JFSA)
JFSA offers Financial Coaching & Homelessness Prevention through the Forward Focus program to community members facing financial challenges. A plan is developed with heads of households to achieve financial self-sufficiency.
Janisse Nagel, Program Director
The program includes:
• Preparation of a household budget to cover basic needs
• Debt reduction plan
• Employment that is income sufficient
• Housing that is affordable and within budget
• Affordable transportation
• Child and/or older adult care
• Savings and emergency account
Financial aid is available to community members at risk of eviction and utility shut-off. One-on-one meetings are conducted to plan for homelessness diversion and to assess for potential limited and short term financial assistance.