Hebrew Free Loan Association
The mission of HFLA is to meet the needs of people in Northeast Ohio, without easy access to capital, by providing interest-free loans. In support of this mission, HFLA *Respects the dignity and self-worth of those it serves. *Cultivates a personal relationship with its borrowers. *Honors the biblical directive and Jewish ideal that money be lent without charging interest. *Loans are made on a non-sectarian basis.
Carrie Miller, Executive Director
HFLA of Northeast Ohio provides interest-free loans for individuals, students, and small businesses in Northeast Ohio who are unable to access fair forms of finance.
A successful loan applicant is one who:
- Is a resident of Northeast Ohio.
- Demonstrates a genuine need.
- Is unable to receive a loan from a conventional source such as a bank or credit union.
- Has the ability to repay the loan in monthly installments beginning immediately after the granting of the loan.
- Has the ability to provide a guarantor or co-signer when applicable.
Types of Loans:
- Standard Loan: Used to address personal or emergency costs such as home or car repair, medical expenses, funeral costs, debt consolidation, etc.
- Education Loan: For students attending undergraduate, graduate, or technical or vocational programs.
- Business Loan: A business microloan to help small businesses startup or expand.
For loan requirements: https://interestfree.org/loans/
To make a donation: https://interestfree.org/ways-to-give/