Gross Schechter Day School
Gross Schechter Day School inspires its students to love learning, become their best selves, and embrace Jewish practice, values, and community in a challenging and encouraging academic environment.
Janna Dorfman, Director of Admissions
Gross Schechter Day School: Success Illuminated by Tradition, Ignited by Innovation.
At Gross Schechter, our children develop and grow in a rigorous academic environment that focuses on the whole child. Students benefit from experiencing joy in their learning and in being part of a supportive social and emotional environment that prepares them well for high school, college and beyond. Our school has a deeply engaging integrated curriculum, that gives students a strong foundation in both core academics and in Jewish literacy.
Our Core Values
- Mitzvot: Understanding and practicing kedusha, avodah, torah, g’millut chasadim and tikkun olam in an egalitarian environment
- Kehillah: Creating a community that provides a foundation for Jewish life through support, celebration and shared experiences
- Btzelem Elokim: Recognizing and nurturing the uniqueness of each individual student
- K’lal Yisrael: Unity of the Jewish people and celebration of diversity and pluralism
- Ahavat Yisrael: Connection and love for the State of Israel
- Hochma: Providing students with a rich, educational experience of an outstanding integrated education that positions each student for success
Ginny Galili, Head of School
Abigail Stadlin, President
Gross Schechter Lower School
Our lower school consists of students in grades Kindergarten through Fourth grade. The halls of our Lower School are alive with the sounds of students engaged in meaningful learning activities that provide them with a comprehensive education outstanding in both general and Judaic studies. Our team of dedicated teachers is...
Gross Schechter Infant Care
Gross Schechter’s new Infant Care Center delivers a low child-to-teacher ratio in a warm, welcoming environment supervised by Gross Schechter’s well-trained and excellent ECC staff. The environment promotes healthy child development and that flexes with each child’s needs through careful observation of each child. It fosters growth towards independence, and...
Gross Schechter Middle School
Gross Schechter Day School’s Middle School program stresses critical thinking and creativity, curiosity and perseverance, and global awareness and personal responsibility in a comprehensive education outstanding in both general and Judaic subjects. Students are given greater independence than in earlier grades and encouraged to set and reach individual goals. Teachers...
Gross Schechter Early Childhood Program
Gross Schechter Day School’s preschool program encourages creativity, exploration and self-discovery in a nurturing and caring environment filled with the joy of Jewish learning and living. Our curriculum is designed to foster growth in all areas of your child’s development. Gross Schechter currently offers programs for children 18 months and...