To provide quality affordable housing for low to moderate income seniors, aged 62 and older, and for adults of all ages who are mobility impaired, allowing them to age in place in an active community of their peers with comfort, dignity and a strong sense of personal worth.
Barbara Mervine, Executive Director
Council Gardens offers Independent Living for seniors 62 years old and older and for mobility impaired adults. HUD subsidies are available to qualified applicants. Council Gardens is a non-smoking, environmentally friendly apartment complex.
Located on 7 1/2 acres in Cleveland Heights, we were founded by the National Council of Jewish Women, Cleveland Section.
Our Garden and Midrise Buildings Feature:
- Efficiency, One Bedroom, and Two Bedroom Renovated Units
- Subsidized Cable TV Service
- High speed internet available at a substantially reduced cost
- Laundry Facilities
- Utilities Included in Rent-Heat, Electric, Water, Air Conditioning
Our Communal Areas Feature:
- A large social hall with a large-screen TV and outdoor sitting areas
- A multi-purpose room with exercise equipment
- Outdoor walking paths and patios with grills
- An outdoor fitness trail
- A Zen Garden
- Individual and community gardens
Gail Sands, Board of Directors Co-Chair
David Gross, Board of Directors Co-Chair