Cleveland Jewish News
The Cleveland Jewish News is the only independent source of Jewish news and commentary serving Northeast Ohio.
Kevin S. Adelstein, President, Publisher & CEO
It was formed in 1964 as an independent successor of two privately owned Jewish newspapers in Cleveland: The Jewish Review & Observer and the Jewish Independent. The CJN remains the best way to learn about people, activities, lifecycle events and Jewish institutions and organizations. It also provides thoughtful analysis and perspective on what is happening locally, in Israel, and around the world. The Cleveland Jewish Publication Company publishes:
- Cleveland Jewish News
- Cjn.org which is updated several times a day, 6 days a week
- Jstyle, with features on fashion, food, lifestyles and more.
- Jstyle Weddings, an annual guide to helping the bride to be (and their parents) plan for the big day.
- SOURCE: An Annual Guide to Jewish Living in Northeast Ohio, a directory with comprehensive, useful listings to help readers connect with organizations, agencies and businesses.
- Bar-Bat Mitzvah, a biannual magazine focused on making the occasion meaningful and festive
- Canvas, which spotlights Northeast Ohio’s strong and growing arts and entertainment community.
CJN publications have an average print distribution of 8,000 copies and reach more than 45,000 readers in Greater Cleveland. In addition to paid home delivery, the paper is available in libraries and institutions, and single copies are sold at more than 30 newsstands. In 2012, the CJN launched a digital edition of the paper, which can be viewed on any mobile device and is available on Thursday, a day earlier that the print subscription.
Beginning August 9, 2018, the Cleveland Jewish Publication Company also publishes the Columbus Jewish News and columbusjewishnews.com to provide the same local, national and international news coverage to the Jewish community in Columbus.
Beginning in February 2022, the Cleveland Jewish Publication Company began publishing the Akron Jewish News and akronjewishnews.com (website coming in 2022) to provide the same local, national and international news coverage to the Jewish community in Akron.
Bob Jacob, Editor